Getting your Dog License
For your convenience, Delaware County now offers four methods to purchase your dog license.
Complete and send the Dog License Application with your check or money order to: Treasurer, County of Delaware Government Center Building Ground Floor Attn. License Department 201 W. Front Street Media, PA 19063
Please do not send cash with your payment.
2 forms needed for Lifetime license
Is your Dog Tattooed or has a Microchip? You are able to get a lifetime license.
- Owner fills out “Lifetime Dog License Application
- Portions of the “Permanent Identification Verification Form” Must be filled out by the Vet
THE VETERINERIAN MUST FILL OUT THE FOLLOWING:
- Microchip number
- Write the name of the person chipping or scanning & circle “implanting or scanning”
- Fill out “Veterinarian Practice number” (Vet’s license number)
- The Doctor must sign and date the form.
The owner can fill out the rest of the information.
Prices are found on the Lifetime Application and the check gets made out to “Delaware County Treasurer”.
The owner must either mail or bring the forms & payment to:
Delaware County Treasurer’s Office
Attn: License Dept
201 W. Front Street
Media, PA 19063
In Person - Dog license locations in Delaware County
Note: Lifetime dog licenses cannot be purchased online. They require verification from the veterinarian that a dog has a microchip. You can obtain a lifetime license by contacting:
Treasure's Office at 610-891-4276 or your local veterinarian office.
Dog licenses are available from the Delaware County Treasurer’s Office at the Government Center in Media and at additional locations as listed:
- Delaware County Treasurer’s Office, ground floor, Delaware County Government Center, 201 W. Front St., Media. 610-891-4276.
- Delaware County Department of Parks and Recreation, Leedom House, Rose Tree Park, 1621 N. Providence Road, Upper Providence. - Yearly License Only
- Arts Animals, 212 MacDade Blvd., Holmes
- Brookhaven Borough Hall, 2 Cambridge Road, Brookhaven
- Chester Pike Animal Hospital, 304 N. Chester Pike, Glenolden
- Community Animal Hospital, 2625 West Chester Pike, Broomall
- Delaware County SPCA, 555 Sandy Bank Road, Upper Providence
- Glencroft Veterinary Hospital, 6 E. Glenolden Ave., Glenolden
- Glenolden Veterinary Hospital, 405 MacDade Blvd., Glenolden
- Middletown Township, 27 N. Pennell Road, Middletown
- Old Marple Veterinary Clinic, 820 W. Springfield Road, Springfield
- Prince’s Pet Goodies, 511 State Road, Springfield
- Radnor Vet, 107 N. Aberdeen Ave, Wayne, PA
- Upland Borough, Main Street and Castle Avenue, Upland
- Upper Darby Township Building, 100 Garrett Road, Upper Darby