Delaware County, PA Courthouse and Government Center

Elected Officials

Court of Common Pleas

Executive Director

Everything from A to Z

Printable Forms
and Applications

EZ Pay Your Taxes


Public Access
(Online Services)

County Offices

Press Releases

County Council Public

County Parks

County Map


Acrobat Reader


Register of Wills & Clerk of Orphans'
Court Division


Marriage Licenses Applications in Delaware County

For further information, please call 610-891-4548.

Applicants must appear together in person before the marriage license clerk.
A $60.00 cash fee is required when applying for the marriage license.

Both applicants must be 18 years of age or older. Anyone who is under the age of 18 must have their custodial parent accompany them to sign a permission form, and there is an additional $20.00 fee.

If there were any prior marriages dissolved by death or divorce, proof of death or a certified copy of the last divorce decree must be shown. You cannot apply for your marriage license unless a divorce decree was granted at least 30 days before you apply.

The marriage license will be issued at the time of application, but is not valid for three days after application. The marriage license is only valid for 60 days.

Photo Identification, such as a valid driver’s license or valid passport is required, in addition you must present your social security numbers if you have one, the card is not required. If you have been married before, you must present a certified document proving that the marriage was dissolved by divorce or an original death certificate. If these documents are not in English, it is necessary that the document be translated into English. A notarized affidavit of the translator is required as verification in support of the document. It is the responsibility of the couple to bring to our attention any other particular circumstances regarding their application in order for our office to assist you in the process of acquiring a marriage license from Delaware County.

Office hours are 8:30 A.M. to 4:00 P.M., Monday thru Friday. There are no weekend hours.

For further information, please call 610-891-4548.



The Delaware County Orphans’ Court does not determine who is recognized as an officiant to solemnize a marriage.  We also cannot recommend an officiant.  The PA Marriage Law, Title 23 Pa.C.S. §1503, states who is qualified to officiate a marriage ceremony in Pennsylvania.  It is the couples’ responsibility to arrange the ceremony and ensure the validity of the officiant.  If you choose to be married by someone other than the officials specifically authorized by the statute, the burden of proof regarding the legality (or lack thereof )of your marriage will be upon you should future issues arise. If you are unsure of whether a particular person is authorized under the statute to perform the ceremony, you should contact an attorney.

Officials who can perform marriages include, but may not be limited to: Clergy with a congregation, Mayor or Former Mayor, and District Judge/Magistrate Judge (Main number 610-565-6990):

[ Return to Register of Will Web Page ]




201 West Front Street, Media, PA 19063
Do you have questions about Delaware County Government? Email us.
Home / Site Map/ Copyright/Disclaimer 2014 County of Delaware, PA
Technical problems with our site? Email our Webmaster.

Links Bars Little Nav Words