The Delaware County Planning Department has an historic atlas collection available for public viewing.
The Planning Department is currently in the process of scanning historical atlas sheets since its collection of County maps is very fragile. This project will enable us to archive and save the original maps from further damage by constant handling.
DCPD’s historic atlas collection includes:
- Map of Delaware County in 1875 by Lee,
- Atlas of Delaware County: East of Ridley Creek from 1909 by A .H. Mueller,
- Atlas of Delaware County: West of Ridley Creek from 1913 by A .H. Mueller,
- Sanborn Maps of Delaware County from the 1920s with later additions,
- Map of Delaware County West of Crum Creek from 1934 by Franklin Survey Map Co.,
- Map of Upper Darby & Vicinity from 1942 by Franklin Survey Map Co.,
- Atlas of the Main Line from 1961 by Franklin Survey Map Co.
- Delaware County Historic Mill Sites as of 1826,
- Delaware County Historic Trails & Roads,
These maps are scaled at 1" = 1 mile and cost $20 per copy.
Aerials are also available from the Planning Department.
Find out about other historical records on our Historic Research Page.
To make an appointment to view
the historic atlas collection at the Planning Department or to purchase
a scanned or printed copy of a property or specific area, contact the Planning Department at 610-891-5200 or Planning_Department@co.delaware.pa.us