Delaware County Courthouse and Park Police


Ernest Lafayette Lang was appointed to The Delaware County Courthouse & Park Police Department on September 25th, 1975 and bestowed the rank of Patrolman. Through hard work and dedication to duty h e was promoted to the rank of Corporal on March 22, 1977.

On December 10th, 1978 Corporal Ernest Lang attempted to foil a hold-up at a bar in Chester City, when two armed bandits entered the establishment and threatened the patrons at gun point. Corporal Lang , realizing the extreme threat to the lives and safety of the patrons, took action and engaged the bandits. During the fire fight that ensued, Cpl. Ernest Lang received a fatal gunshot wound. Although mortally wounded, Cpl.Lang managed to disable one bandit and succesfully stop the threat to the lives and safety of the patrons. Both bandits were apprehended and there was no lose of civilian lives.

Cpl. Lang succumbed to his wound before assisting officers and EMS could arrive.

Corporal Ernest Lang is survived by his wife Zita and his children Michelle, Kevin, Ernest and Kimberly.


Patrolman Edward A. Wehe, III
Delaware County Courthouse and Park Police Department, Pennsylvania
End of Watch: Tuesday, November 5, 2013
Tour: 18 years
Badge # 80
Military veteran
Cause: Heart attack
Patrolman Edward Wehe suffered a fatal heart attack shortly after clearing the scene of a protest at the Delaware County Prison.

He had been dispatched to the prison to assist in removing the protesters, who had not obtained the proper permits to assemble. He was able to clear the scene after approximately four hours. He went to a local restaurant where he ran into his daughter and, while speaking with her, suddenly collapsed. His daughter immediately initiated CPR until medics arrived. He was transported to Riddle Memorial Hospital where he passed away.

Patrolman Wehe was a retired Chief Petty Officer in the United States Navy. He had served with the Delaware County Courthouse and Park Police Department for 18 years, and also served as a part-time officer with the Marcus Hook Police Department. He is survived by his daughter, 2 granddaughters, fiancee, and 4 brothers.