Delaware County, PA Courthouse and Government Center

Elected Officials

Court of Common Pleas

Executive Director

Everything from A to Z

Printable Forms
and Applications

EZ Pay Your Taxes


Public Access
(Online Services)

County Offices

Press Releases

County Council Public

County Parks

County Map


Acrobat Reader


Office of Judicial Support


Angela L. Martinez, Esquire

Government Center, Room 126
201 W. Front Street
Media, PA 19063

Divorce Information

Return to the Judical Support Page

How do I obtain a copy of my divorce papers?

To obtain copies of any document, you must first know the docket number, which is discoverable by the use of our public access screen ( , Click “Public Access”, and then “OJS”). 

The order divorcing the parties, the “Divorce Decree”, is available to anyone.  You should send a self-addressed stamped envelope to us, along with a money order.  The cost of a simple copy is $1.00 and the cost of each certified copy is $5.95.  Send them to:

Office of judical Support
Civil Filing Room
201 West Front Street
Media, PA  19063

If you want to see any other part of the file, or copy any of the pages, you must appear personally in the office with photo identification such as a driver’s license.  Only the parties and their attorney of record may see a divorce file.  While here, you may request a copy of any page from the file.  The costs will be as indicated above.

OJS only keeps files for the current year, and the five prior years in the office.  If the file you want is within that time, then you may come without prior arrangement.  If the file was opened prior to that time, then you should call first to request the file be brought from archives so that it will be here when you arrive.  Call (610) 891-4324 or (610) 891-4370.

Is the form to obtain a copy of my divorce papers available online? 

No.  See above for method.

How do I file for divorce without an attorney? 

In order to file for a divorce, you will need to appear in the Office of judical Support with a Complaint and all appropriate attendant documents.  The filing fee begins at $229, but goes up if there are additional counts.  Generally, it is not easy to file a divorce without an attorney, and you may wish to contact the Delaware County Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service located at Front and Lemon Streets, P.O. Box 466 Media, PA 19063.  The telephone number is (610) 566-6625.  In the alternative, you may also wish to contact the Legal Aid of Southeastern Pennsylvania at 877-429-5994. 

I am divorced. How do I revert back to my old name? 

Once a divorce decree is issued, form entitled “Notice of Election to Retake Maiden Name” may be filed.  The form is available in our Office, or you may get it from your attorney.  There is a filing fee of $21.50, and each certified copy is $4.95.  You often need a certified copy for agencies such as PennDOT or the Social Security Administration.  Payment for filing fees and copies is by cash only.

Return to the Judical Support Page



201 West Front Street, Media, PA 19063
Do you have questions about Delaware County Government? Email us.
Home / Site Map/ Copyright/Disclaimer 2014 County of Delaware, PA
Technical problems with our site? Email our Webmaster.

Links Bars Little Nav Words