Mission: The mission of the Delaware County office of Public Relations is to maintain the lines of communication between Delaware County government, its employees and the public.
Department overview: The department, under the direction of Trish Cofiell, responds to queries about County government and requests for general information about Delaware County.
The department prepares and issues press releases, public announcements and general publications for County Council and County government. Public Relations serves as a clearinghouse for all departments to ensure that communication is timely, accurate and in accordance with county government policies.
The department prepares commendatory resolutions, citations for public service and other ceremonial presentations of County Council.
Emergency information: The Department disseminates emergency information to the public in the event of a countywide threat to public safety. Public relations also handles emergency communications, coordinated through the Emergency Services Center, when necessary as part of the County response to a natural disaster or other emergency.
Government Access Television: The department produces County Council’s government-access TV program, Delco TV, which airs on Comcast channel 190 from 5-7 a.m., 8-9 a.m., 11 a.m.-noon, 2-4 p.m. and 10:30-11:30 p.m. daily.
The Department of Public Relations is located on the second floor of the Government Center building and can be reached at (610) 891-4931 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
Recent News Releases:
- Council salutes local Service Members on Tribute Board (Posted 10/2/16)
- Open Space Planning in Delco(Posted 10/2/16)
- October is Bullying
Prevention Month! (Posted 9/29/16)
- Sun Valley cadets are fitness champs (Posted 9/29/16)
- County Council offers free Preparedness Guide to residents (Posted 9/15/16)
- Read all about it: County has new library director (Posted 9/15/16)
- Delco invites residents to be ‘Master Stewards’ of our vital watersheds (Posted 9/8/16)
- Enjoy "Life and Times" of Delco's Past - Sept 24-25th (Posted 9/7/16)
- Read all about it: County has new library director (Posted 9/2/16)
- Enjoy "Life and Times" of Delco's Past (Posted 8/30/16)
- County employees test emergency Strategic National Stockpile plan
- Saluting the United States
- Celebrating Delaware County’s Rich History (Posted 8/18/16)
- Council salutes local Service Members on Tribute Board (Posted 8/10/16)
- Down on the Farm with Delco 4-H (Posted 7/27/16)
- Open Space Planning in Delco (posted 7/21/16)
- Council recognizes ADA anniversary
and work of Freedom Valley center (posted 7/21/16)
- Open Space, Recreation and Greenway Plan Implementation Progress (posted 7/21/16)
- Penncrest students “champion” the environment (posted 7/6/16)
- Help for Eligible First-Time Home Buyers (posted 7/1/16)
- Mosquito surveillance program
expanded to include Zika virus (posted 7/1/16)
- Governor Wolf joins Delco in the Fight against Heroin (posted 6/1/16)
- Counties Team Up in the
Fight against Heroin (posted 6/1/16)
- Master Gardeners reap
county praise (posted 6/1/16)
- Blue Star Mothers honored for
supporting troops and their families (posted 5/11/16)
- Delaware County and ACME Work
Together to Improve Community Access to Naloxone (posted 5/5/16)
- Unofficial Election Results from April 26 To Be Posted on County Website (posted 4/15/16)
- Community Day Celebrating Prevention April 24, Rose Tree Park (posted 4/15/16)
- Fair Housing Month (posted 4/15/15)
- County Council Launches New Strategy in War on Addiction (posted 4/15/16)
- 40th Hero Bowl
to benefit Delaware County Hero Scholarship Fund (posted 4/13/16)
- Helping crime victims ‘restore hope’ (posted 4/13/16)
- County Council recognizes Sikh community (posted 4/12/15)
- Community Day Celebrating Prevention April 24, Rose Tree Park (posted 4/12/15)
- Council holds meeting 4/20 at Garnet Valley High School (posted 4/12/15)