The Executive Director
Government Center, Room 202
201 W. Front Street
Media, PA 19063
The County Executive Director is responsible for administration and management of departments of county government not directly managed by County Council. Appointed by County Council, He/She serves a term of two years and is eligible for reappointment to an unlimited number of terms.
Powers & Duties of the Executive Director
The powers and duties of Executive Director with respect to those departments and other entities under his authority include but not way of limitation.
(2) Authorization of expenditures of county funds for departments under his supervision as well as accounting for such expenditures in accordance with budgetary limitations.
(3) Preparation for submission to Council, in coordination with all departments of the county government, of the annual county operating and capital budgets including estimates of revenues, analysis of bond issues requirements, impact statements relating to effects on service delivery of budget disapprovals, and long term five year forecasts on spending requirements by capital budget program.
(4) Execution and enforcement of all resolutions and orders issued by Council and pertaining to operations under his authority.
(5) Conduct of intergovernmental liaison programs.
(6) Provision of point of access for citizen and group presentation of requests and complaints relative to delivery of county services or execution of county business.
(7) Appointment of personnel, department heads listed below shall be confirmed by a majority of Council:
(8) Monthly reporting to Council in respect to matters of county administration, progress of budget execution, and recommendations for legislative authorization to insure the efficient and orderly conduct of County affairs.
The Office of the Executive Director is located on the Second Floor of the Government Center Complex.