Home Weatherization Program
90 Jansen Avenue
Essington, PA 19029
The Delaware County Home Weatherization Program under the direction of the Community Action Agency and its Director, Edward T. Coleman. The Weatherization Program provides the following services:
- Home Energy Audit
- Primary Heating System Inspection and System service (As needed)
- Attic Insulation
- Home Air Leakage Testing
- Weather Stripping & Caulking
- Primary Windows Repair/Replacement (As needed)
Who is Eligible?
- Low income residents of Delaware County who own or rent a residence.
- Special consideration is given to the elderly and the handicapped.
- If you have previously participated in the weatherization program you can not apply.
For family units with more than eight members, add $8,120 for each additional member. There is no charge to qualified low income county residents.
How to Apply
- Obtain an application from the Home Weatherization Department
- A worker will contact you to finalize your application
- An inspector will access your home for the needed work.
- Work will be completed and approved.
Eligible Delaware County residents can also apply at the County Asst. LiHeap office for fuel assisiance and or heater emergencies if their heater is broken or not running. This emergency program only runs from November to the end of March each winter.That phone number is 610-447-3099.
The County Assistance Office handles the income eligibility and our program handles the heater service and inspections. This also includes new heater installations. If our technician determine the eligible client's heater can not be repaired, than our program would replace that heater with a new heater.This program is great for elderly and disabled Delaware County residents. Any resident that is currently on LiHeap Assistance is automatically eligible for the Weatherization Program. There is no fee for this service nor liens on home owner's proporties. This is a free service to eligible residents of Delaware County.The Executive Director of the Delaware County Weatherization Program is Ed Coleman.
Any questions or for any additional information for our service or eligibility can call 610-521-8770
You can then look forward to warmer winters, and cooler summers in your energy efficient home.
For further information regarding the Delaware County Home Weatherization Program please contact:
- The Community Action Agency at 610-521-9247.
Funding for this program is provided by:
- The Department of Community Affairs
P.O. Box 155
Harrisburg, PA. 17121