Delaware County Prison
GEORGE W. HILL CORRECTIONAL FACILITY
John A. Reilly Jr. Esq.
Delaware County Prison Links
- Visitation Schedule in PDF
- Visitation Dress Code for visitors in PDF format
- Weekender Rules Documentation in PDF
- Delaware County Prison Phone Directory
- Deposit Services Information in PDF
Superintendent John A. Reilly, Jr. Esq. is responsible for the administration of the men's and women's divisions at the George W. Hill Correctional Facility (Delaware County Prison), which is located on 500 Cheyney Road in Thornbury Township. The Superintendent is appointed by a five-member Board of Prison Inspectors.
The County of Delaware continues its daily functional service contract with Community Education Centers to manage the George W. Hill Correctional Facility.
The George W. Hill Correctional Facility is responsible for the incarceration of pre-trial detainees and persons serving a county sentence of two years less one day or a state sentence of five years less one day. Most offenders receive their first exposure to prison at the county level. In 2011, the prison maintained a daily average population of 1862 residents.
Programs currently available for the inmate population are:
- Adult Basic Education/GED Program
- Work Release Program
- Woodshop Training Program
- Alcohol and Narcotics Anonymous
- Sex offenders and Drug/Alcohol group therapy sessions
- Religious groups and Catholic Social Services
The County Prison extended its record of proficiency as a Penal Institution by achieving the following:
- Certification of the Prison by the American Medical Association as a Health Care Facility.
- Received an Excellent rating from the Pennsylvania Department of Corrections.
- Received an Excellent rating from the Federal Bureau of Prisons.
- The K-9 unit continues to gain recognition thru the United States Police Canine Association.
- Certification by the American Correctional Association