Parks & Recreation

Clayton Park




Clayton Park, the largest of the county's park and recreational facilities, sits on 170 acres of scenic woodlands and rolling greens in Concord & Bethel Townships. Clayton Park offers outdoor enthusiasts a nine-hole golf course, four playing fields, eleven shaded picnic groves, two nature trails and ample parking throughout.

Clayton Park originated in 1957 when Mrs. Nelson Clayton donated a 59-acre parcel of farmland to the county. Over the years the county has acquired adjacent lands to ultimately round the park to its current size of 170 acres. This magnificent open space containing acres of beech/maple climax forest serves as a valuable resource for nature lovers, Boy Scouts, picnic groups, baseball and soccer leagues, and more.


Clayton Park Golf Course


The fairways of Clayton Golf Course provide a challenging round for players of all levels and are available for a nominal greens fee. Popular among the local golf crowd, Clayton is a great place for beginners to practice the game, for avid players to hone their skills, and for busy golfers to sneak in a quick round of 9 holes. The Pro Shop can fulfill most golfing accessory needs.