DELAWARE COUNTY CONSERVATION DISTRICT
General Description: The Delaware County Conservation District is a subdivision of State Government, but a service of County Government. The District is guided by a board of volunteer directors appointed by County Council from a list of nominations from concerned groups throughout the County. The District evaluates problems, implements programs, and advocates for effective solutions dealing with natural resource protection and conservation.
- Erosion and Sediment Control Plan Review Application (Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader)
- Mini-grant Application (Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader)
Major Program Responsibilities:
- Chapter 102 Erosion Control: Administration of the State's program to control sediment pollution from earth disturbance activities.
- National Pollution Discharge Elimination System (N.P.D.E.S.) Processes applications and seeks compliance towards stormwater discharge permits for Construction Activities.
- Chapter 105 Waterways and Wetlands General Permitting: Assists applicants with permit information. Processes general permits for work within wetlands and streams.
- Pennsylvania Natural Diversity Inventory Computer checks for endangered or threaten plants and animals within proposed construction areas.
- Agricultural Land Preservation Program Serve on board and as staff for this program which purchases Conservation Easements on Agricultural Land. Two easements also must be monitored and inspected annually.
Full Time Staff E-Mail Address:
- Michelle Ferri – Conservation Technician-FerriM@co.delaware.pa.us
- Kevin Boyle – Conservation Technician- BoyleK@co.delaware.pa.us
- Brian Vadino – Watershed Specialist – VadinoB@co.delaware.pa.us
- Ed Magargee – District Manager-MagargeeE@co.delaware.pa.us
Board of Directors
- Cheryl Graff Tumola - Chairperson
- Robert W. Bernhardt - Vice Chair
- Frank McKee - Sec. / Treas.
- Colleen P. Morrone - Council
- Raymond Iacobucci.
- Randy Bates
- Wayne Megill, Jr.
- Elaine Paul Schaefer
- Sulpizio “Gino” Razzi
- Clyde Hunt